Carnal Minds Of The World
study isn’t going to be sugar coated. Earthly minds are warned! If you
conform to things of this world instead of God, then this is going to sting a bit.
That is what happens when salt hits the open wound; it stings! To many
go around saying they are Christian but show they love the world more
than God. They can’t get out of the things of the world. Some even go to
a building once a week, sit there for an hour and when they come out and start cursing, drinking, horoscopes, being homosexual, smoking and
fighting just to name a very few. This study is on the worldly minds
and the things of the world being more important than God. A cross
around your neck isn’t going to do a thing for you.
Leviticus 18:20 Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.
Sex is just one of the things of God that is twisted into the worldly
way today. It was made for a man and women to create a child to be loved
and a family to begin. Being a swinger with others wives or husbands
is of the evil world. That goes for being gay. If you’re on Facebook, go to my
study on Romans Chapter 1 or go to your bibles and read it for yourselves.
If you’re doing it or agreeing with it, God is against you.
Psalm 17:14 From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
* The best thing you can give to those around you is The knowledge of God’s Word you have in you. Raise a child in His Word and they will be blessed in it. What good is money if they lack truth?
Psalm 24:1 The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
* God made everything for us in the flesh. A purpose behind every plant, animal, insect, mountain and the sea. A purpose for the sun, moon and stars. Most importantly, a purpose for you and me.
Psalm 73:12 Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
* “Prosper” - Strong's Number H7961 matches the Hebrew שָׁלֵו (shalev). In this context the meaning is wealth of earthly things. A carnal mind sees richness as in monetary our abundance of material goods. 1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. True wealth is and will always be in the knowledge of God’s Word.
Isaiah 13:11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
* Many just don’t care enough about God. They may say they are Christian but aren’t even in the milk of The Word. They use it as a means to a gain, and there are some that are just evil in everything they think and do to a degree of no love of any life. Not even themselves.
Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
* You can be a billionaire and President of a country with people Looking to you everyday. Without God in your heart you are just skin walking around taking air from those who care. Without God in your heart, you don’t understand true love of self and for others. Without God in your heart, you’re as dead already. Ref. – Matthew 8:22 & 22:32
John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
He was our last sacrifice. The last for the remission of sins. The one
and only way in which we in the flesh can enter true life and eternity.
He had come as The Lamb to be slain, but when this Lamb comes back He is
coming not as a lamb, but as Lord of lords and King of kings. – Revelation 17:14
John 3:16 For
God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that
whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
* “Whosoever believeth” = a condition. This is step one and you are now in the milk of God’s Word as you are a beginner and a babe growing in wisdom to become what God would have you to be. Stay in His Word as each and everyday day you do, you are better to handle everything that comes your way and blessings will multiply greatly.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
* Without what was done, satan would have free reign over everyone. Do you know why you are even here? We are here to make a choice! Life or death. God our Father and creator or satan, the one that wants you to follow him instead. The end result is peace and life everlasting if we chose correctly. Heaven will have no evil in it and everyone that was doing evil in our lives is erased from our minds. This will be true happiness forever!
John 3:19 And
this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men
loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
* “Condemnation” - Strong's Number G2920 matches the Greek κρiσις (krisis).
Meanings of which are, opinion or decision given concerning anything,
concerning justice and injustice, right or wrong. (They have decided to
follow wrong over right when Christ Jesus, The light of the world was
there for them the whole time.)
John 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
* Does your mind think that flour and milk makes this bread? That is a carnal mind. This Bread is Christ Jesus and The Word of life. Ref. John 6:35, I want you to look it up.
John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
* I am a believer of Christ our Lord and all He has done for me. As such, I am born from above! I see the things of the world but don’t care to follow them that live of it. As a Christian we are to walk in the path = ways of Christ. He has shown us all we need to know in His Word.
John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
* Look what happened when the evil of the world took Christ out of the schools. The light of Him was taken out. They lack truth and common sense today. They allow transgender and gay activity, they are teaching wrong is right and right is wrong. Truth in history has been replaced with bits of fiction. They think they know better because they don’t believe in God. These are teaching our youth. These are in our Government and Churches. They are everywhere!
John 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
* Christ Jesus being The light of the world gives us the way to see in an evil world. You see truth and lies. You see good and evil. Light will always over come a dark place. You can never cover light to make dark. Ever try covering your hand over a flashlight? The light will still come through. Walk His path, in His light and you cannot fall to the ways of the world.
John 12:25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
* Do you live for today or the reward of life everlasting to come? Do you see what it is really about? Each day being a choice!
John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
* Believing is but the first step on a path that brings understanding of what is good and evil and what direction to take when that fork in the road appears. A carnal mind only sees a road in this, where a spiritual mind sees Christ Jesus has come that you may see, what is what in the world.
John 14:27 Peace
I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth,
give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be
* With His word, He has giving us all things we need to have in body and soul. Once you come to understanding he is in control and you do what He blessed us with, you have peace of mind. Not one thing to worry about. You are found worthy and just.
John 15:19 If
ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are
not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the
world hateth you.
* Those of the worldly will turn on each other in a second. We however love each other so much, we would give of ourselves to safe another regardless of their belief. Once you have given of yourself and became a Christian, you have become a chosen one of God. You live of Him and He of you. The worldly people, this includes our own family’s, are going to hate you.
John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
* “Perdition” = Strong's Number G684 matches the Greek aπwλεια (apōleia),
the meaning of which is - destroying, utter destruction, of vessels, a
perishing, ruin, destruction, of money, the destruction which consists
of eternal misery in hell. In this context it is speaking of satan
himself because of the words “son of” he is the one that brings destruction to everything in your life. Christ came to make a way from this “one of” destruction and that one is sentenced to perish.
John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
* Christ didn’t put up with the junk that corrupts your mind and soul and those that follow Christ don’t either. Hold to the truth and stand your ground as they will come against you saying you don’t love, you hate and you shouldn’t judge, but they are ignorant to truth and some just plain stupid, where as ignorance = not knowing yet doing and stupidity is know yet doing anyway.
Romans 1:20 For
the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly
seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal
power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
* Question is, are you refusing what you can plainly see or are you embracing it? When you look in that mirror, what do you see? A bunch of nucleus synapses firing off to give you an image? Or a child of God knowing you’re here for a purpose!
Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Have we as Christians not seen the truth? Some just see earthly and for
that are following their sins for a belief instead of focusing on the
end of flesh and beginning of a new body.
Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
* If you think of this life as more important then the next, you think earthly or “carnally”. Knowing you are doing what your Father has given to you to do gives such great peace of mind. With it, you can handle anything!
Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
A earthly way of thinking is a division of the way our Father wants for us. We have free will to accept the truth or live in a lie of life,
never wanting to come to the truth, because these only care of
themselves. Many of them have over educated themselves right out of the
truth. They think they’re to smart for God.
Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
* When your tired of what is going on, then it is time to make a real change. Erase your mind of the worldly way of thinking and you then can understand the spiritual side of God’s Word. You will see the evil for what it is and call it as you see it. Example, being gay or even supporting ones right to be gay is against God and of a worldly way of thinking.
Romans 15:27 It
hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the
Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty
is also to minister unto them in carnal things.
There is a reason I myself can help others that have done things of the
worldly. I myself had been one to do them also. Drugs, Drinking,
Fighting, Cursing, etc. A change of heart to a love for God brings
wisdom to help others. Coming out of it and to our Fathers Word has
given me knowledge to help those stuck in it.
1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
* You know them that have truth in them. Ones that have that hunger for our Father and spiritual frame of mind. That’s when you speak to them and it doesn’t go to waste.
1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
* If you study, you see what has been there all along. For many it’s a “mystery” because they don’t care enough to seek understanding and for some, it isn’t meant for you to understand for their own protection. Ref. – Isaiah 44:18 and Romans 11:8
1 Corinthians 2:12 Now
we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is
of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of
* Ask Him into your heart and you begin to live in His Spirit. Ref. – Matthew 7:7 and Luke 11:9
1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
* A good teacher of God’s Word will teach on three levels. A babe for them that are beginning in The Word, to those seeking meat as they have grown from the milk and now in need of meat. Those that seek the understanding of the spiritual meanings of God’s Word are in that last meat being the third level. Ref. – John 21:15-17
1 Corinthians 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
* When showing others the truth of The Word, we must look at the knowledge of which they have come to and teach accordingly. You can’t handle the meat if you haven’t had the milk first. Plant seeds and let our Father do the watering. It will grow in those that study the seed planted.
1 Corinthians 9:11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
* It’s always a blessing to see someone come out of the worldly way of thinking and to the spiritual. Letting go of what seemed to be fun to them and found it was not but brings death instead of life.
1 Corinthians 15:51-52 51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In
a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the
trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we
shall be changed.
understanding of God’s Word and a erasing of mans lets you know here
that a spiritual eye and ear gathers truth. “Last trump” that would be
the 7th. “In the twinkling of an eye” that would be so fast you can’t
hardly even see it. “We shall be changed” here we get a new body. No
more need of this flesh, because it is corruptible and can die. It is a
“mystery" to many because they don’t see God’s Word as it is given. They
love mans more, hence the rapture doctrine. You that understand have a
“spiritual” mind and isn’t a “mystery” to you.
2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
* Is God living in you? Then you have a treasure of the power of Him that gives it to you. It is He that works through you. The wants of earthly things and traditions of men make void our Father’s Word. Carry Him with you at all time, never giving in to the earthly things again.
2 Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
It isn’t a gun that shuts those evil peoples mouths, rather it is God’s
Word that makes them take a deep look at themselves. Then their mouths
are open in astonishment of seeing what they have been missing.
Galatians 1:4 Who
gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present
evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
* When Christ came to show us the way, He also gave of Himself and in doing so defeated death. Many walk around today with a heartbeat, but are as dead as those that have pasted. Help them see the way to become alive that they may live today and forever.
Galatians 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
As a child you rely on the sun to warm you, the rains to bath you and
feed the ground for flour to make bread and the rains also to quench
your thirst. A tree to shade you. When you have grown you see the truth,
you see The Son gives you warmth, He feeds you as He is The living
water to quench your thirst and is the Bread to satisfy your hunger. He
is The Tree of life that gives you all your needs and shades you from
evil. “Evil good and good evil” are in “bondage” - Ref. – Isaiah 5:20
Ephesians 2:2 Wherein
in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according
to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in
the children of disobedience:
That one is satan. Many are letting him control their lives and use them
to trick others. Look at what is accepted as good these days. You can
break laws with little to no consequences. You can kill a baby in the
womb and it be called good because it’s a “women’s choice”. You can be
of any religion but the only reality that isn’t
wanted to be heard or taken as anything but foolishness is Christianity. Where being gay
is a wonderful thing and everyone should at least try it. What spirit
do you listen to?
Ephesians 6:12 For
we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world,
against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Evil is everywhere. Can you see it? If not, you need to take a deep
look into what you call good. You need The Word of God to enter into
your mind. You need to ask The Lord into your heart today, that you may
start living for the first time in your existence.
Philippians 2:14-15 14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15 That
ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in
the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as
lights in the world;
* Don’t complain, just Do! Be that light for those in the dark. Set that example and walk straight.
2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
This very verse is speaking about satan being here and everyone not
knowing it is satan. They think it is Christ Jesus. The reason is
because they didn’t care enough about God to study His Word, instead, either ignoring it all together or just listened to anyone that told
them bits and pieces of God’s Words and a lot of their own words. If
you are one of those that are looking for rapture, you WILL fall into
this “deceivableness” because you are not a lover “of the truth” that
you “might be saved”.
1 Timothy 1:15 This
is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus
came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
You and me are always going to be a sinner, because we are in these
flesh bodies and there is only one that is perfect. The big difference
between some is, are you striving to that perfection or not. You are
growing in understanding of sin and perfection or just playing as a
child does in the world. I am saved and will continue to strive towards
my Fathers will.
1 Timothy 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
Your soul was put into a body of this world and when you die that soul
goes into a new body and your works go with you to our Father. Ref.- To a
new body – 1 Corinthians 15:48-54 Ref. - To works – Matthew 16:27
1 Timothy 6:17 Charge
them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor
trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly
all things to enjoy;
* You can see a roof as a roof or you can see it as a blessing of shelter for your body to be safe from the elements of the earth. Don’t ever be waiting on others to give you help, trust in God to provide for you. He will see to all your needs, again needs! Not wants and on His time line not our own. If you have money, God has let you have it and is watching you with it. He wants us to enjoy life and use it wisely.
Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
* God’s Word is The only Teacher in a world of evil. His Word is the only manual for life. I once said, “Children don’t come with owners manuals” I was wrong in saying so. God’s Word has everything in it that everyone needs. The only thing that stops us is the wants in life. To many just open something without reading how it works. They just want to do it on their own. That’s how you miss a part that is needed for it to run properly.
Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
Our Father would never ask us to do anything that He Himself would not
do. He came and showed us all the way to Him, to life, to eternity. When
Christ said, “it is finished”, Christ had destroyed satans efforts in
taking you. There is a condition though. You must choose one of them.
The one that will lead you to death has the same name. Death is his name
among many more.
Hebrews 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
* The way of living in the rule of law of governments is but of one way, to have everlasting life is another. Christ is the way of “an endless life”.
2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
* One way to live! When you see a sign saying “one way” do you not go that direction only? Our Father has given you and me the means in which to follow His way or the worlds. Study everyday so you can see what is good in His eyes and be found worthy.
2 Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
*These have fallen away from the truth and turned back to the worldly way of living. It is better to just be beginning in The Word than to have left it and returned to the worldly way.
1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Do you look forward to the weekend to party, or do you look forward to
each day to see the sky our Father made? To help others in need. To
study His letter to you, The bible. How much do you think of our Father?
How many times have you told Him you love Him? Maybe you just don’t
have time for him because there is something more pressing to you in
this world. Just making some think, that’s all.
1 John 2:16 For
all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the
eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Are you doing good for God? Or are you one of those in the worldly
thinking such as hookers, prostituting themselves, drunkards,
homosexuals and thieves all wanting something that should not be. Are
you thinking about the party this weekend instead of fellowship and
study? You have no part of God and He will have no part of you. Doing
these things goes against everything He has given us.
1 John 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
* So plainly stated. If you love the world, then you go with it when it is made clean again. You love The LORD, you live forever.
1 John 3:1 Behold,
what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be
called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it
knew him not.
* Many just don’t understand you and me. You should feel great about that. It means you’re not like them. It means you are going to live, where they will die. Don’t let the fact they hate you sway you from your life today. They have the same chance you do.
1 John 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
* In other words, don’t worry about it. Don’t waste your time wishing they would like you.
1 John 4:1 Beloved,
believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God:
because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Study what anyone tells you. Never take anyone’s word for what they
say. You are the one held accountable for your own actions, whether you
checked them out or believed everything they told you. The Word of God
is written in every language in the world for a reason.
1 John 4:3 And
every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh
is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have
heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
That would be the muslim to the buddhist. From atheist to the
agnostics. You are either Christian or your of the devil. If that
offends you….to bad! I am not here to hug the devil. I am here to kick
him in the butt.
1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
* Christians are bigger and better people than those of the world. We are not fooled by the political correctness and social tricks of satan. We know what is of God and what is of the devil.
1 John 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
* These use every trick satan tells them to use. They don’t want the manger seen in front of a building or anything of Christ in schools. These want free sexual expression and handouts. They are more concerned about self then about others. They don’t have time for God nor even care to get to know Him.
1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
When you accept Christ into your life, you then are Born From Above!
With Him in you, there is nothing you can’t do. You have power in you
and have become a different person, a different soul. You are ready for
1 John 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
* The world does nothing but put doubt in your mind. It does nothing but bring sadness and hate in you. It brings lust and every manners of evil. Once you ask Christ into your life, you have just “overcame the world”. Stay in Him and His Word as to not fall away and back to the world. Christians are can do people. Show the world what you can do.
1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
The rest of the world is separate of you. They refuse truth. You do
your best to plant a seed in them, but don’t hang around with them. Ref. – 2 Corinthians 6:14. Our
Lord planted and moved on for a reason. There are some out there that
may hear and accept. If they hunger, our Father will see to it they are
Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
* Lots of people take this verse to mean they will be taken out literally because of the words “keep thee from”. I guess they love fables. When you truly become a Christian, at that moment, you are no longer part of the world. With the truth in you, there is no way you can be fooled into their worldly way of thinking. No more do you find things of the world tempting. We will be tried just as The Word tells us but you know who the enemy is and the events to unfold before the worldly people. That evil one is coming first and these will think it is Christ. You that know truth, know who he is instead of Christ = anti-christ. You don’t find him tempting at all. Truth is how we are kept from temptation.
Our focus in this life isn’t about what others tell us is good or is fun. Our FOCUS should always be are we pleasing to our Father each day as we go forth into this world. You can always know that if the world likes it, our Father won’t! Also, just because something has “Christian” on its title, that doesn’t mean it is. Always use that gift from our Father called “common sense” and always use the wisdom given to us through His Word. Look at these so-called “Christian” clothing stores. These have shirts with crosses and shirts with skulls. References to this is found in Luke 20:38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him. And also in 2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
It is in our Fathers service and love for all that seeks truth in our Fathers Word, I give this and my love. May God bless us all today and forever.
Love, Todd Davis / Pastor