Life and Death
Life in an evil world can be no problem to you when you let go of the worldly way of thinking. You can live today and for the rest of time if you ask Christ into your life and if you walk according to His Word. Once you have done so, there is nothing that can take that from you except you. Once you have accepted Christ into your life, keep Him in your life and a peace of mind falls over you. There is no death to come. There is no evil to come; there is no thinking of the ways of the world anymore. Life is knowing your outcome. Death is bondage. The outcome of which is nothingness. Nothing here nor to come. You exist no more. In this study we are going to look at this; life and death.
Life - Hebrew חַי (chay), which means revival, renewal, reviving, lively, active (of mankind). Each day should be a day of renewal to you. We die each day; referenced in the book of 1 Corinthians 15:31.
2 Samuel 22:3-4 3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. 4 I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
* With Him, you have nothing to ever worry about in life or in death. With Him in you, there is no death.
2 Samuel 22:22-25 22 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God. 23 For all his judgments were before me: and as for his statutes, I did not depart from them. 24 I was also upright before him, and have kept myself from mine iniquity. Falling away from what you have seen and followed, turning to God, is life to you. Our choice is God and life or the world/satan and death. As we grow in The wisdom of God, we become knowledgeable in what is of God and what is of the devil. Why would anyone ignore it or turn from it when the outcome is living! 25 Therefore the LORD hath recompensed me according to my righteousness; according to my cleanness in his eye sight. “Recompensed” - Strong's Number H7725 matches the Hebrew שׁוּב (shuwb), which the meaning of this word is to return unto, go back, come back, to restore, refresh, and repair. We all have the chance to turn our lives around. All we have to do is DO IT!
2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
* When we are in the world, we will be surrounded by those that refuse the truth of God = heathen. Show your faith that others my change their ways and see the joy you have. By showing just whom you are, shows your love to our Father and the faith you have shows your strength.
Job 5:20 In famine he shall redeem thee from death: and in war from the power of the sword.
* When you hunger for His word, He will see you have it. When others come against you with satans tricks, you, with the Words of God from your study’s, will have a bigger sword. The Word of God cuts both ways.
Psalm 9:13 Have
mercy upon me, O LORD; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that
hate me, thou that liftest me up from the gates of death:
* Everyone that loves God will be hated of the world. Many in the world even claim to be of God, will still show there hate of you and the truth. Don’t ever let them see you sweat. You have already won and they might just come around one day. Walk from them and pray they wake before it is to late.
Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
* You can face death without fear and have peace of mind from the assurances of your Father. Tribulations come on us ALL, but WE - Christians can overcome it because of He who is in us.
Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
* As a believer and lover of God, you will dwell in God’s house forever.
Psalm 68:20 He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto GOD the Lord belong the issues from death.
* God sent His Son that you are given the way from death and from the world. Yep, life is a test! Life is a choice! Life is everlasting if you choose it correctly. Through His Son is life.
Psalm 107:14 He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder.
* You don’t have to be held in the bondages of the world. You don’t have to conform to their ways. They think they are happy to only wake sad. Christ Jesus is there for them; all they have to do is to feel it is enough and are tired of the pain.
Psalm 116:8 For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
* Happiness is peace of mind. You have found Him and through Him you have truth. Life is everlasting and it is yours. He has lit your paths in life today and forever. His path is smooth in this life and you know how to overcome it all.
Proverbs 10:2 Treasures of wickedness profit nothing: but righteousness delivereth from death.
* In this, your direction is simple. Do what is good in the sight of our Father, which is provided in His Word, or follow the worldly way out of God's word and there is but one direction for you. Heaven is called heaven because there is no evil in it.
Proverbs 12:28 In the way of righteousness is life: and in the pathway thereof there is no death.
* Christ has shown us so much in His word. How to deal with whatever may come on us in the flesh. Walk His footsteps and you see just how smooth He has made His path for us. It will lead to life everlasting no matter where you see the end.
Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
* You are not going to do it yourself. There is no correct way in life without God being with you. Many believe, “look what I have done” sadly they are blind. One-way, God’s way! Without God you choose death because you want it. He was there and rejecting Him isn’t going to be an excuse.
Isaiah 25:8 He
will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears
from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away
from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.
* Heaven has come and evil is gone. Those that chose evil are erased from our thoughts and life in a way we could never imagine has come. That day is fast approaching us. Ready or not, it’s very soon.
Isaiah 35:4 Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.
* This means to stop with the worrying. Stop with the worldly way of thinking and show that faith you should have by now. “Recompence” = Strong's Number H1576 matches the Hebrew גְּמוּל (gĕmuwl), which is benefit. Our Father isn’t going to let anything bad happen to us that are faithful to Him. Time to suck it up and believe on His power.
Jeremiah 21:8 And unto this people thou shalt say, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I set before you the way of life, and the way of death.
* Because He came and through Him is life, without Him you choose death.
Matthew 4:16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
* All are given the opportunity to see The Light. Even when you close your eyes, there is no mistaking The Light, because light always overcomes darkness. Ever looked at the sun with your eyes closed? It is still there!
Matthew 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
* You can have “Honour” - Strong's Number G5091 matches the Greek τιμάω (timaō), which is to have for the value of something belonging to one's self, to honour, to have in honour, to revere. They are the ones that God has chosen for you to come through. They belong to you and you to them. Whom ever you have been placed in the care of is for you to “honour” and show the same love towards.
Luke 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
* Our Father takes great care of us. Can’t you see what blessings you have been given? Everyday you see the sky is another day He has something for us to do. And if He has something for us to do, why would we worry about anything, because it is His purpose you have this day.
John 3:16 – 18 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Step one to being a Christian, “believeth” and you are given LIFE EVERLASTING! 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. For everyone of us in these flesh bodies, He came and died for us all. He is the only way and for all those that followed Him are with Him right now. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. We that believe He came, He died of this flesh and He lives, we shall live also, today and to come and for those that don’t, well they are already dead.
John 5:24 Verily,
verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him
that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into
condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
* You have been told! If you were told to look both ways before crossing the street and that it would save your life, would you not do it?
John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
* Walk the way He has shown us. Follow His Words. I myself, choose life.
John 10:27-28 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: “Sheep” hear their Shepard and they come when called on. 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. If we focus on Him daily, we can’t and wont be taken in by any other.
John 11:25-26 25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: We can live today when we accept Him into our life. He is “the resurrection”, He brings us up in life and in death. It may seem to some, many die of this flesh but they are alive because they believed on Him. 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? If you do, you live!
John 14:1- 4 1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. As Christ Jesus is God in the flesh, you believing in Him is also believing in our Father. A true Father that shows His love would not ask you do anything that He Himself wouldn’t do. He came that we may live, but also by that, has given us the path to take. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. “Mansions” = Strong's Number G3438 matches the Greek μονή (monē), which means dwelling places. Look at the universe, its too big for humans to comprehend. Do you think it was made for nothing? I believe we will have the chance to see it all in the life to come. He made it for a purpose as He has made all things for a purpose. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. This is for us today and to come. His spirit is with us that care enough to believe and follow our Shepard. And when He comes back on that 7th trump, The Trump of God, we will be with Him completely. 4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. We know because He has shown us. With His Word we know the way. He told us everything we need to know.
Romans 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
* Do wrong and receive death. Do what is right and receive life. Heaven is called such because there is no wrong in it. All is righteous.
Romans 6:2-4 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. We were baptized in and by His blood. We have turned from sin and the new direction is life.
Romans 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection.
* We have a new body waiting for us, just as Christ Himself entered into His, we shall enter into ours. Ref. –1 Corinthians 15:39-53
Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
* We as believers are co-heirs with Christ. He works through you that believe and serve in love, power and strength.
Romans 14:8 For
whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto
the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
* We that have faith and love for The One who gives life, The LORD our God, Christ Jesus The Word. Is He in you? Do you follow Him? If so, He is in you and you live each day showing His love. In life and in death, we are His.
1 Corinthians 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
* This is in remembrance of the sacrifice He has done for us all. Don’t make it a tradition; make it a remembrance of the action of His love.
1 Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
* Repent daily! In this flesh body your going to sin. Plain and simple! Repent and grow each day in understanding what it is we should be and what we should not.
1 Corinthians 15:34-37 34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. When our eyes open, they should open to having Him in mind and not the day or worldly way. We should be ashamed of ourselves if we think about the party and not The Father. 35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? What happens when you die? 36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: “Quickened” = Strong's Number G2227 matches the Greek ζῳοποιέω (zōopoieō), which means 1) to cause to live, make alive, give life a) by spiritual power to arouse and invigorate b) to restore to life c) to give increase of life: thus of physical life d) of the spirit, quickening as respects the spirit, endued with new and greater powers of life 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: When you plant a seed it doesn’t stay a seed. It changes into something bigger and better than what it was. It has a different body than what was placed in the ground. This is a representation of what happens to you when you die. At that instance, you change.
1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
* I pray you see this for what He is telling you. When we go to our Father or when He comes back to us on the 7th trump. We will have a new body. We are alive! The instant you sleep = die, you have a new body. One that is “incorruptible”. One that doesn’t get sick. Chapter 15 of this book tells you of this new and wonderful body.
1 Corinthians 15:5 5 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
* It has none, “if” you have chosen to follow Christ. He defeated death, which is to say satan when he said, “It is finished” on the cross of Calvary. Ref. – John 19:30
2 Corinthians 4:11 For
we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the
life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
* Who is living in you today? Is it drugs, alcohol, hate, envy, sexual urges, etc.? Or do you have a peace of mind KNOWING He that lives in you and has given you sight of what really is.
2 Corinthians 5:6-8 6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: In this flesh we are not with The Lord in body. 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. You should be confident in knowing that once you are done with this body, you have another just as a seed does. And those that have gone from these bodies are in a new body. One so much better than this one.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. They have no hope because they lack truth. You know that those that “sleep”, which means have died of this flesh body, are alive and are very well. So don’t let those be ignorant in that lack of wisdom. Tell them! Tell them what? 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. You believe and you know that the only way they can come with Him is because they are there today. Why would you think other wise? To not believe this is to not believe Christ has risen.
1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
* Our Father gave us a way. Christ Jesus is that only way to obtain life. Those that have gone to Him now and those that remain, waiting for that blessed meeting. For some, it will not be so blessed. For you that have chosen Him, you shall live.
2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
* Christ has given His life, but before that He gave us His word. It is for us to know exactly how to live in these flesh bodies and how to do it correctly. By it, we shall live today and the new life to come.
Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
* He did it for you and me and those to come. Our Father would not ask anything of us that he would not do Himself. He showed us the way.
Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch
then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself
likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him
that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
* The tricks of satan don’t work with the wise. Wisdom comes form study of the manual of life, The Word of God. The bible. That evil one has already been defeated. It is why one of his names is “the son of perdition” Ref. – John 17:12 and 2 Thess. 2:3 “perdition” = to perish or to die. He has been sentenced already and he just can’t believe it. This is why he wants to take those that wont listen with him.
Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
* How can you skip by this and not feel the blessing in it? When you are a Christian, you have overcome death, which is to say satan and the evil of the world. You shall live!
1 Peter 1:3-8 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, You have been shown through Christ resurrection that you will be also. A new body waits for us all. A body that cannot die or fade away with age. A body that can’t be corrupted by sickness. 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: Don’t sweat the things of this flesh. Temptations help us grow and it shows our faith. 7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Our tribulations in this life makes us stronger and with that which is given to us, is never too much for us as we are always can do children of God. Don’t let things come to a point were you give up. It is never that bad! To let it be is to let go of God and to become the worlds. Don’t ever let that be! We will be given that reward for being strong and showing that faith as can do children of God our Father, Our Creator of purpose. 8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: You can’t see Him face to face but you can see Him in the actions of those that Love Him. In those that care enough to study His Word.
1 Peter 3:18 For
Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that
he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened
by the Spirit:
* Christ has shown us just how to deal with the world. In doing so He has also shown us the outcome. LIFE!
2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
* A lot in this. I see it as my mom died years ago and she hasn’t blinked an eye and I am standing next to her as I also have gone to be with the LORD years past. Time has no relevance in the end of this age. In the life to come there is no end.
1 John 5:11-12 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
* Very simple! You believe and follow Christ Jesus and you live!
Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
* If, and I say “IF” you have asked of Him in repentance and shown your believe by doing good that He has shown us to do, you are blessed and WILL live forever. Yep! There is that condition. I said if because your works follow you and you will be judged by them. An hour on Sunday and a cross around your neck doesn’t cut it.
Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
* When we go to our Father, or when He comes here, we will have a new body and new life where there is no pain or sadness. Those things of the life in the flesh have no meaning and are gone forever. Heaven is peace forever. We can experience this today. We can put our Faith in God, as it should be. We can study His Word to have the knowledge He has given us for this life. We can walk this world without fear, knowing exactly the outcome of our lives. Because you are a follower of Christ and have kept Him in you, you have been given a promise of life. So live today and live forever. May our LORD bless you all that hunger for His word. It’s in His service and love for you all.
Todd Davis / Pastor