Fruit in the Hebrew word is - פְּרִי, the transliteration is -pĕriy. Its meanings are fruit; produce (of the ground) fruit, offspring, children, progeny (of the womb) fruit (of actions) (fig.) In this study we will be looking at this word and believe me, I doubt your church will teach you it's meaning to the fullest so I felt lead to bring it to you. One reason being, the key of David is linked to one of it's meanings and our Father favors only the churches of today that show it or teach it to you. Ref. - Isaiah 22:22 and Revelation 3:7
Genesis 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
* This is the literal "fruit tree" and every fruit has a "seed" in it, as to drop on the ground and become a new plant of its same bearer of the seed. Flowers have male parts called stamens that produce a sticky powder called pollen. Flowers also have a female part called the pistil. To be pollinated, pollen must be moved from a stamen to the stigma. This leads to the creation of new seeds that grow into new plants.
Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
* This happened on the sixth day for most of the races on earth today. There was another that Christ Jesus would come through made on the 7th day. You can plainly see we are made just like God, with arms and legs and a base or trunk to put our heads on. We call the arms and legs limbs, just like a tree. Women and man have seeds to. With this we can multiply the earth as He told us to. Note, you must have these two kinds of beings to multiply. MALE and FEMALE ONLY!
Genesis 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
* "The tree of life" = This is Christ Jesus as He is the only way to life everlasting. Ref. - Gen. 3:22, "the tree" of good and evil = satan as he knows good but chooses to be evil. What fruit we chose to partake of is up to us. What is this fruit? Well let’s continue and see.
Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
* Use your knowledge of God's Word here. To partake of Christ, you know He is The bread of life you eat of. His fruits=works are good for us to live by. You take this fruit = actions of satan, where he and you know good but choose evil, you will "surely die".
Genesis 3:2-3 2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
* This "serpent" isn't a snake but the action of something low down and sneaky as a snake would be. It is just another one of satans names for what he is doing at the time. Common sense tells you this even when you look at Revelations speaking of the dragon. I know your not looking for a dragon.
Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
* She took the "fruit" - actions of satan because he was so beautiful to her eyes and called her husband to join with her and they together were fooled into satans tricks.
Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
* What in the world could they possibly have done to let them see they are "naked" and to have them make something to cover the sexual parts of your body? Weird!?
Genesis 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
* The word "beguilded" - נָשָׁא - Hebrew word = to beguile, deceive. He – satan, fooled her- Eve and Adam. Look how many today are fooled in what is bad being called good.
Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
* There is much in this. Stick with me and read as many times as you want. Go back to the first two verses we posted about "fruit" and "seed". How do we get a "seed"? and in this verse you have the first prophecy of God's word. satan will be crushed and Christ Jesus upon crucifixion had His heels bruised. What is "enmity" - אֵיבָה- Hebrew word, 'eybah = hatred, to divide or separation. Look closely "between THEE = satan and the women" and "between THY=satan seed and her seed> so, with this plainly, you can see two different seeds were planted. What is the next verse? Will it relate to this?
Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
* I will let you decide!
Genesis 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
* Our Father said they take that fruit and they would die. Our Father also had the "Tree of life" still there and with Him you can have life. He sets the way to forgiveness even then. He drove them out, now what happens because of that seed being planted?
Genesis 4:1-2 1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. 2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
* Notice the word "again", this is a continuation of the event of birth. You know as well as I the fruits = actions of "Cain" was bad and "Abel’s" is good. This isn't the beginning of The Key of David but was with The Adam and Eve and continues with the birth of Seth.
Genesis 4:25 And
Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth:
For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom
* At this time you know Cain had killed his brother and was sent out to be without this family. God gave Adam another "seed" = child. Cain was sent to be with another. Yep, there where others. The trees = people in the garden were not the only ones. And there where others outside that garden as the whole world is a garden but just not "The Garden". The word “The” gives a specific meaning to the word. If I ask you to hand me "The" pen and there are 10 laying there, which one do you hand me? Ok, proof there where others. Genesis 4:13-17
Psalm 92:14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;
* Here we see, you follow Christ and what is right in the sight of our Father, you are producing good fruits and for it you live a long life and you will prosper in doing good works.
Psalm 104:13 He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.
* Our Father does the watering of the people of the earth that follow Him in what they do. With water, the fruit will grow. His Word and wisdom gives us the path to take in life with which we work for good, not evil.
Proverbs 1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
* Even the bad produce fruits. The difference is it is a bad fruit. This is saying, you will get what you reap. You do bad and bad will come on you. Yep! There are two kinds of fruit and the outcome is reward or punishment.
Proverbs 10:16 The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruit of the wicked to sin.
* What do you produce each day? Do you have good fruits? Are your actions each day for the good or bad? If your not doing what is right, the outcome of which is nothing but death.
Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
* Our words are actions as well. For the good of helping others or for to curse others.
Isaiah 3:10 Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
* Reap Reward!
Isaiah 27:6 He shall cause them that come of Jacob to take root: Israel shall blossom and bud, and fill the face of the world with fruit.
* This goes back to that meaning of the seed being birth and furthering of the Key of David in this. Ref. - Isaiah 22:22 and Revelation 3:7
Hosea 10:13 Ye have plowed wickedness, ye have reaped iniquity; ye have eaten the fruit of lies: because thou didst trust in thy way, in the multitude of thy mighty men.
* What do you do in this life and whom do you walk with everyday is what makes your fruit flourish or wilt. Put your faith in God and once you study His Word, your fruits will become big and sweet.
Matthew 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
* Change of heart? Repent and change your actions is what is being said here.
Matthew 3:10 And
now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every
tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the
* Yes! Same meaning here as in The garden in Genesis where the trees are people. Evil people are to be done away with. Put to the fire and put out of the minds of the just. Gone! Up in smoke.
Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
* Hey, some will say, "you are not to judge" well I tell you, you had better judge accordingly as to not have them destroying the building you are doing in a good life. Ref. - John 7:24, judge in righteousness.
Matthew 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
* What kind of tree are you? What we do each day determines what kind of tree we are.
Matthew 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
* This is why, when you judge in righteousness you can see who is good by their fruits. What we do in life defines us and shows others what a real Christian is. Again, what happens to the bad trees = people?
Matthew 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
* You don't want evil in the garden to come. Heaven is a place for good not bad. Everyone has been given a fare chance. In the end the weeds and trees that didn't produce good fruit is of no use because of infections or disease of the garden.
Matthew 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
* The seed spoken of in this verse is God's Word. Mathew 13 is a parable of The seed sower and the fruit that comes from a seed the good ground will produce. For those who are open to The words of Christ Jesus, their “soil” will respond to the “seed” or message of the Kingdom.
Luke 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
* Mary's womb became Christ Jesus, the Fruit = action of God.
John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
* Christ Jesus being that vine, you being a branch of Him and you can not help but bear good fruits in life. If not, you will be pruned off and thrown into the fire.
John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
* You don't have to do what it is I do. What you do need to do is be kind, show love for those in need. Open a door and give a smile. Study your Fathers letter to you, The Bible. Tell your Father you love Him and show it with your fruits. Gather your clothing you don't use and give it to someone that could use it. Buy a meal and give it to someone standing on a corner begging for money. Use common sense when doing God's work and bless others.
Romans 6:21-22 21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. Truth in you now! Then put away the evil things you had done, because you are born from above and are new. The evil is put away, because it will bring only death. What's next? 22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. Do what is right, because Christ is right. He came to show us the way. He is light and we can see the darkness now. He set a path; we walk it as to not trip in an evil world. How could you not do well when you’re on that path.
Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
* Our Fathers actions are always "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, goodness, faith", as he cares for us and wants the best for you and me everyday. Know this though; He is not going to force us to show the same. A child that refuses to obey and is evil everyday, is kicked out! If not you chance corrupting the other children.
Ephesians 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
* Everything our Father does is right. There is NO wrong in Him. He gave us the way and in Him is truth.
Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
* Thank our Father everyday with actions = your fruits and with words knowing truth is in you.
Philippians 1:22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
* Living for the day or worldly way. Ignoring God, well, what can I say? Your dreaming tree has died. Repent and live for God and your tree is made new. Your branch will grow. You will be grafted in, growing from within. Producing fruit for what is good.
Revelation 18:14 And
the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all
things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou
shalt find them no more at all.
* What do you want? Is all you see the worldly? The time is fast approaching us all and that we will not see time, but will see God. Your hunger for things over weighed your Father. Your sight was blurred but when this time is over you see clearly. What did you do, carries you through for to receive reward or punishment. We can't run and hide so get that in your mind. What do you do? Your fruits go with you.
Father bless all of you that hungered enough to read this study to the
end. Go each day and produce good fruits that in judgment you will be
seen worthy and clothed as to not be ashamed. I pray you hear, “His
lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.” – Matthew 25:21
It is in our Father's service and love for all,
God be with you and bless you!
Love, Pastor Todd Davis