Leviticus 4:20 And he shall do with the bullock as he did with the bullock for a sin offering, so shall he do with this: and the priest shall make an atonement for them, and it shall be forgiven them.
* At the time they did not have the Lord as we do. We were given the best of God, His only son. Then, they didn't have as we do. I say them that didn't have, because He went to them after He had died on the cross. He did it for everyone. Your reference for this is in The King James best written. 1 Peter 3:18-20 Eyes to see and ears to hear. When you die, you go to one side or the other of what is called a gulf. Ref. - Luke 16:26
Leviticus 4:26 And he shall burn all his fat upon the altar, as the fat of the sacrifice of peace offerings: and the priest shall make an atonement for him as concerning his sin, and it shall be forgiven him.
* The sacrifice of the blood and fat is symbolic of our surrender to the Lord. Does not work today! Christ Jesus is The only way!
Leviticus 19:22 And the priest shall make an atonement for him with the ram of the trespass offering before the LORD for his sin which he hath done: and the sin which he hath done shall be forgiven him.
* At this time of forgiveness was a blood ordinance. You gave the best of your flock given in atonement of sins.
Numbers 14:19 Pardon, I beseech thee, the iniquity of this people according unto the greatness of thy mercy, and as thou hast forgiven this people, from Egypt even until now.
* Our Father always gives everyone a way out of evil. The difference is what you want to see and do with that way.
Numbers 15:26 And it shall be forgiven all the congregation of the children of Israel, and the stranger that sojourneth among them; seeing all the people were in ignorance.
* Have you sinned if you don't know sin? Remember God told Adam and Eve what the sin was and not to do it. They were held accountable for there actions.
Psalm 32:1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
* You will feel that blessing when you ask of it. If you have, you know exactly what I mean.
Psalm 32:5 I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
* Our Father readily forgave David (WHEN) he (REPENTED) his sin.
Psalm 85:2 Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people, thou hast covered all their sin. Selah.
* With forgiveness comes peace. Peace of mind you have a life forever with our Father.
Psalm 103:8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
* Our Fathers forgiveness is great, as we are not worthy. Today is the chance to make a new day and everyday we wake is a new day to make things great no matter the weather or the circumstances.
Psalm 130:4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
* Sinners acknowledge their sins. They ask for forgiveness and out of love, our Father forgives; He restores us to the fullness of His love.
Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
* "While He may be found" there is a time line in this. While you still breathe air in these flesh bodies. Your day today may be your last day. All you have to do is let go of the earthly waste your holding on to and let God turn you into something you had no idea even existed in you. You can be forgiven TODAY and become new.
Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
* God calls sinners to seek Him and promises them forgiveness when they repent. Remember though, that door doesn’t have a knob on the outside of it. We must open that door and let Him into our hearts.
Daniel 9:9 To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him;
this we see Christ = Lord is God, and because of Him we can be
forgiven. We are born innocent but in an evil world and satans tricks, we
are tested. Our Father knows this and gives to each and every one of His
children a chance. What we do with that chance is what makes us who we
are. What are you? Christians are Christ like. ALL else are followers of
satan. Yep! It's that simple. They still have the chance though, as long
as they see the sun. When they see The Son, well, to late!
Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
* You will be hated because of who we are. True Christians are the minority in this world. We must stand strong in front of the ones that hate us and show them love as much as possible.
John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
1 John 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
* Don’t worry or wonder why they must hate you. There is nothing that you have done to make them do so. It is what they haven’t done that has them in hate.
Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
You had better understand forgiveness if you expect to be forgiven.
Help out those less fortunate that need the help. God will see you have
what you need. It isn't yours anyway as our Father is the one that
blesses in righteousness or in other words, what is right.
Matthew 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
* Only He has the power to forgive sins. Then, today and forever. All we can do is tell them about the good they see is He – Christ Jesus, which gives to them... life.
Matthew 11:28-30 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. When you ask for forgiveness you can believe you are forgiven and a new start is there waiting for your next move. Christ is our rest. In Him you find peace of mind and The Holy spirit coming to you gives you that comfort that you are His and He wants the best for you. Take that new start and show your love for your Father. Study His word that you make Him happy each and everyday. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Christ Jesus extends His loving invitation. All you have to do is open the door to your heart. In His Word is peace of mind, a renewed mind and staying with that is a reward today and to come.
Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
* And they believed, because they could see the power in Him. Through Him, we have the same. He is in you. Didn't you know! God's greatness covers not only the earth but also the entire universe. We can see his handiworks in the smallest atom, with all its particles and forces at work, to the entire universe. God set the stars in place, the planets in orbit, and marked the sky with his eternal plan through the constellations, and other heavenly markings. There is nowhere on the face of the earth that God's truth cannot be seen by man.
Mark 2:9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
* Be bold in truth and show your faith to the fullest in boldness. There is enough sugar around in churches of today. Be one of God's children in the power given to you. Be the salt of the earth and show all what a real Christian can do.
Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
* Some meat in this. The unforgivable sin. This is for the elect of God for the time of the end. Also Ref. in Matthew 12:31-32 It is to not allow The Holy Spirit to speak through you. Yep. God isn’t going to force us in anything. We have that choice. To not follow what we have learned of God, is the same in when we have repented and it wasn’t from the heart. We must follow Him completely because we cannot ever fool God. He knows our every thought.
Mark 4:12 That
seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and
not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their
sins should be forgiven them.
* Once you know and understand what a sin is, there is no going back. Your held accountable. To not know sin you don't sin. Become aware of the truth and don’t ignore it, as your held accountable to the fullest. Also laziness isn’t an excuse. You can read and you should read the most important thing in this world. The Word of God!
Luke 5:23 Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk?
Christ Jesus has shown through His work what belief and true Faith can
bring. A new and blessed beginning. Lay there in doubt and sorry in life
or get up and be someone that “can do all things through Christ who
strengthens me”. Ref. - Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
* This is also in Matthew 7:1, if you are doing a sin, you had better not tell someone they should not be doing it. How do we judge? John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. Once you study and come to the truth of what it is God wants from you, you’re given sight. You see clearly and change what you do. When you see your brothers and sisters in that sin you yourself was once in, you better help them come out of it as you do love them do you not?
Luke 7:47 Wherefore
I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved
much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
* It is all or nothing. If you give your life to Christ, do you think He will be satisfied with a little? If so, I ask you go to Matthew 7:22-24
Luke 7:48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.
* Christ forgave the penitent women. It was her faith - belief and with it she was given peace of mind. She knew He was The only One! God came to forgive and she without anything but tears, washed His feet and dried them with her hair because she knew there is more than this flesh and this life.
Acts 5:31 Him
hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for
to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
* Right hand = action or work. Christ is God's right hand. Prince and savior on earth the first time, King of King and Lord of LORDS is coming once more. He came, taught, died and rose again for us to have a way to life everlasting. This life is our chance to choose. Only problem is how much time do each of us really think we have. I don't know about you, but it feels like it is speeding up to me. My day may be today and I feel blessed to see my Father whenever that day comes.
Acts 8:22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
better be from the heart! Our Father knows when you’re just playing. Do
you really think that God our Father and creator of ALL things doesn't
also know your thoughts? If it's from the heart when you ask for
forgiveness, He knows and it is done. He doesn't want to hear anything
more about it.
Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Every one of the prophets testifies that through faith in Jesus we have
forgiveness of sins. Know beyond any doubt that He came and died for
you. It is what we are about. To not believe this is to believe in
Acts 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
* Some wonder still, after hearing the truth. How can you be saved by Christ Jesus. Even though it was prophesied and happened they still don't accept the truth. Sound familiar?
Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
* Christ came; gave us His Word = how to live in the flesh today. Once you see the truth, how could anyone turn back is beyond me, but they do. Right back to satans tricks they go. Life is still there if they choose it, and for some, to late. You can tell if it is too late because you will see our Father face to face. How much time do you think you have?
1 Corinthians 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
* In this book it speaks of charity. One way to show this is in truth. Love keeps no records of wrongs. You can see the sins but show the love anyway and let them know what they do is not good in the sight of God. Don't become a part of them but show love as a brother or sister to them. They may not have heard the truth before. The next verse is;
1 Corinthians 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
* After showing them, be glad in the fact you serve our Father well and pray they receive it.
Galatians 6:1 Brethren,
if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such
an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be
* Help restore with
gentleness when needed to one who has fallen into sin. Don't sugar coat
it, just teach it as our Father has shown in His Word. As Christians we
want everyone to come to repentance and follow light in this dark world.
You want them to be able to see again. Offer it but don’t force it!
Plant the seed and walk, our Father will do the watering and they know
where to find you if they hunger for more.
Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
* You have been shown the "grace" - χaρις from the Hebrew, charis = good will, loving-kindness, favor. We are chosen to have been shown favor through His sacrifice and shedding of His blood, by repenting - asking for forgiveness and by doing such, it shows you’re sorry and want to start anew.
Ephesians 2:8-9 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
* Doing what in your mind is something good means nothing without God in your heart. Salvation, the forgiveness of sins, is by favor to us through Christ. Our Father gives us the way, and it's up to each of us to take Him or reject Him. Our Father has a plan for us all. To follow it is to love Him. Have you accepted Him yet? If not, why not today!
Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
* Put away that bitterness and anger towards others. Forgive as our Father forgives. This doesn't in anyway mean to be a doormat. Use common sense. Just don't hold anything against those that wrong you. Let it go or it will only hurt you in life and in death. Remember what they have done as to be on guard but give them another chance to redeem themselves.
Colossians 1:13-14 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
If you are a believer, you are rescued from darkness and are in the
light. Into Jesus you have become and forgiveness has been given.
Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Christ came and blotting out the handwriting of ordinances, nailing them
to the cross, our sins. His blood covers you, brings you alive here now
and to come.
1 Timothy 2:5-6 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
* Jesus Yeshua is THE ONLY one through whom one can be saved and enjoy true peace of mind.
James 5:15 And
the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him
up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
* Conditions; "prayer of faith" and "if" they committed sins, they will be forgiven! You better believe it and God will raise you and them up. All praise goes to God.
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
* I pray you see the condition. That word (IF), if you "walk" in His path the way He set forth. He gave us the examples of how to do it in His Word.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
There it is again! (IF) what? If you "confess your sins" = that’s
understanding what you did is a sin and you want no more of it.
1 John 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
* When a sinner is forgiven is when they repent and believe in Jesus The Christ and always in His name. A blessed read for those seeking more is The Parable of the prodigal son. Ref. Luke 15 Jesus tells us to pray for forgiveness and we are justified, clear of all guilt, by the faith in Him that came for us all that choose Him. In Christ Jesus we have true peace. Peace of mind, you will live. Our Father doesn't want to hear another word of what was. He wants us to concentrate on what is. Did you change your heart? Or are you continuing with the same old sin? I pray not, but if so, I also pray this was a blessing to you and everyone that reads this study's.
I believe forgiveness is a choice we make through a decision of our will, motivated by obedience to God and His command for us to forgive. I believe God honors our commitment to obey Him and our desire to please him when we choose to forgive. He completes the work in us through His Word when we chose to follow it. We must continue to forgive (which is our doing), by faith, until the work of forgiveness is done in our hearts.
It is in our Father's service and love for all,
God be with you and bless you!
Love, Pastor Todd Davis